Friday, March 02, 2007

Songs without Words

Couple days ago, I read a post on the clmusic, PTT.
It was a person asking for the music of TV commercial.
The commercial is Volkswagen New Jetta TDI. (click to watch)

The music is really fantastic!
My mood becomes soft with the sound in exhilaration.

This is "Songs without Words" Op. 67, No. 2 from Mendelssohn.

The first contact between Mendelssohn and me wass his violin concerto in E minor.
I remember I was a senior high student then.
That one is also an excellent one.

Some people think the music of Mendelssohn is lack of negative side because his growth background. Maybe, but only under this case, his music is full of melancholy, tenderness, exhilaration, and upper class (cause he's a noble). It's pleasing to the ears.

The symphony "Italy" is also famous by its Orphean movements.

Try try!

No comments: